I’m really excited to share this super easy chalkboard lettering tutorial! I’ve gotten so many emails about how I did this verse on my chalkboard for Christmas. So I thought I’d share how easy it is so put together. You just need a few simple tools to get started on this chalkboard lettering DIY project! I chose this lovely Irish Blessing as my quote seeing as we’re coming up quickly on St.Patrick’s Day!
STEPS & SUPPLIES:
1. Chalkboard Marker. I got mine at Hobby Lobby. You can also buy them at JoAnn’s. It writes a little clearer than a traditional piece of chalk. Plus, the jumbo size, makes filling in the stencil a breeze.
2. A clean chalkboard surface. My version is an old frame that I painted overtop with chalkboard paint. I see little imperfections and that doesn’t quite bother me, as I like a shabby chic look!
3. Season your board with a piece of chalk. It helps prep the surface of the board for a new design.
4. Cut out your stencil. I used my Silhouette to create a stencil. You can also but a stencil at a craft store and piece it together like this.
5. After I cut out my stencil, I used masking tape to hold my quote in place. Then I filled in the words with my chalk marker.
6. Remove stencil. And enjoy!
I first left it bare with just one little glass clover ornament I’ve had for years, but I felt like it was missing something…..
So I added some fun Kelly Green clovers. I got the little shape from the Silhouette store online here.
This mantle sits in our front room, so it’s the first thing you see when you come into our home. It’s also the last thing you see as you leave. My wish is that everyone who comes and goes from our house remembers this Irish Blessing!